How to get your company Government ready
Here are the minimum standards your business must achieve before becoming eligible for Government business and be Government Ready.
1. Your business must have at least one year of accounts.
2. You should have a positive cash flow
3. Your business must have a carbon reduction plan outlining how much carbon your business is omitting and how it plans to reduce this by 2050.
4. Ensure your business is on the directory of organisations awarded. You can learn more about Cyber Essentials and how to win this award here – Cyber Essentials – Iasme
5. Based on our experience on previous frameworks, we’ve identified the policies your business should comply with: Anti-bribery, Apprenticeship, Carbon Footprint, Complaints Procedure, Corporate Social Responsibility, Data Protection, Environment, Equality Diversity and Inclusion, Ethical Sourcing, GDPR, Invoice Payment and Dispute, Leave, Modern Slavery, Policy Review, Quality Management, Quality-Assurance, Right to Work, Risk-Assessment, Social Responsibility, Social Value, Workplace Alcohol and Drugs.
6. Companies must also comply with the ISO standards, in particular ISO 9001, 14,000 and 27,001. The standards can be found on the ISO website – ISO – Popular standards
Further minimum standards can depend on the particular framework award your business is trying to achieve. Our Framework Specialists will be able to talk you through your eligibility for particular frameworks.